In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, the Government has launched a number of grant funding schemes to help support businesses.
We understand how distressing the current situation is for local businesses and are doing everything we can to support you. There is a huge demand for the Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund.
The Governments team of business rates specialists are working hard to get the payments out to eligible businesses as quickly as possible.
As of Thursday 28 May, the Government had paid just over 9,500 grant payments to the value of around £109.7million.
Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund
This scheme is aimed at small businesses which were not eligible for the Small Business Grant Fund or the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Fund.
The government has set out criteria on eligibility and has asked local authorities to prioritise the following key business types:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces. Examples could include units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment
- Bed and Breakfasts which pay council tax instead of business rates
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief
In Bradford the scheme it will support childcare provider businesses with fixed property costs.
To be eligible businesses must:
- Have under 50 staff
- Have fixed, identifiable costs related to business premises
- Be able to demonstrate they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the Covid 19 crisis
- Not be eligible for the current grants scheme
- Must have been trading on, or before 11 March 2020
Grant awards must be State Aid compliant.
If your business meets this criteria, please apply before 19 June 2020 using the online form:
Small Business Grant Fund
All eligible businesses in England in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rates Relief in the business rates system will be eligible for a cash grant of £10,000.
Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
Eligible businesses in England in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount with a rateable value:
- of up to £15,000 will be eligible for a cash grant of £10,000; or
- with a rateable value of between £15,001 and £51,000 will be eligible for a cash grant of £25,000 per property
What do I need to do to get a grant?
We need to collect some information from you so that we can pay the grant. You will need your business account reference number, which is shown on your bill. Note: only one grant per property is payable