Scope of the inquiry
The Women and Equalities Committee is launching an inquiry to look at the results of the recently published Race Disparity Audit (Oct 2017).
The audit uses published Government data to examine how people of different ethnicities are treated across public services in areas including health, education, employment and the criminal justice system.
The inquiry will consider:
- how the audit results should affect future approaches to collecting and analysing data on equalities and outcomes
- how the Government should take forward its policy response to the published data
- what the data shows about priorities for addressing disparities.
Latest Oral Evidence Session: 7th February 2017
Evidence to be given by:
- Melanie Field, Executive Director, Corporate Strategy and Policy Wales, Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Emma Rourke, Director of Public Policy Analysis, Office for National Statistics
- Iain Bell, Deputy National Statistician, Office for National Statistics
- Rt Hon David Lidington CBE MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office
- Marcus Bell, Director, Race Disparity Audit, Cabinet Office
To watch the evidence session in full please click here
The full transcript of the session can be found here