Community support - Bradford Council
People Can and Bradford Council is teaming up with the NHS, Public Health England and the voluntary sector to find the best way to provide support to communities affected by Coronavirus.
People wanting to volunteer to help during the coronavirus response should call Bradford Council on 01274 431000 to leave their name and contact details.
Vulnerable people who have a particular need can also leave their details which will be passed on to the relevant service.
We will be setting up five constituency based co-ordination centres run by the voluntary and community sectors.
Along with food banks, they will help to distribute food to those needing it and also with co-ordinating volunteers to help people affected or self-isolating at home.
These could include but are not limited to:
• befriending / social support
• advice and signposting
• addressing potential additional needs at foodbanks
• pet care and dog walking
• checking in via phone with people who may need it
• helping a vulnerable person with practicalities like food shopping and deliveries.
• adding capacity to key services like social care and health in case of staff shortages
We are also developing a smartphone app so volunteers can download information about how best to help and to pinpoint where help is most needed.